Academic Services Assistant - Greenstone - (SU-P-20-10)
Academic Services Assistant – Greenstone – (SU-P-20-10)
Job Title : Academic Services Assistant – Greenstone
Organizational Unit : Confederation College -> Greenstone Campus
Requisition # SU-P-20-10
Location: Longlac, ON P0T 2A0 CA (Primary)
Employee Group: Support Staff
Shift Type: Other
Other Shift Type (if applicable): other
Job Type : Part-time
Position Reports to: Director Rainy River District Campus
Application Deadline: 3/26/2020
Salary Range: Payband 5: $20.74 to $25.91
Hours of Work : varies from semester to semester
In keeping with our strategic plan commitment to fostering Access and Success, Community Prosperity and Institutional Excellence, we encourage applications from persons of Indigenous ancestry. In accordance with Confederation College’s core values of respect, caring and openness we are committed to providing our current and future employees with a workplace that is safe, healthy and fair. As such we are fragrance free, fully accessible and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact Human Resources Services at (807) 475-6148 to make appropriate arrangements.
This position is in a high volume, diverse, multi-tasking environment, with “multiple instantaneous requests” serving all departments in the Regional Campus and those programs running offsite or in remote locations. This incumbent must be aware of all College programs, courses, policies and procedures; software programs; schedules; and, financial accounts. Must be able to represent the College professionally with external and internal customers, including funding agencies.
Duties include but are not limited to
- providing liaison services for students with the Registrar’s department, Financial Aid and other regional campuses;
- providing front-line assistance to students and the public;
- processing, reconciling and supervising financial functions such as, petty cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and book deposits;
- training, monitoring and supervising of classroom assistants and student employees; and,
- assisting in the day-to-day operation of the campus.
- 2 year Office or Business Administration diploma, or equivalent;
- 3 years experience in a fast paced office environment;
- Computer software and client service skills;
- Team player
- Organization skills and multi-tasking skills;
- Listening skills; and,
- Experience with cultural and socioeconomic diversity.
Please visit our website at www.confederationcollege.ca/hr to apply for this position.