Internal/External Job Posting Admin-2019-02
Corporate Services Department
Accounting/Office Clerk, All Wards
Date Posted: June 28, 2019
Job Type: Casual
Current Job Description Applies
Cupe Local 3045
Rate of Pay: $18.88/hr
- To provide counter and phone reception, accept payments for taxes, water and sewer and other accounts receivable.
- To prepare daily deposits.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 diploma
- 2 years office or Municipal experience
- Competent in computer applications such as Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting
- Must have own vehicle with proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Reports to the Office Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and prepare daily cash deposits for balancing.
- Accept payments and issue receipts from other departments for deposit.
- To operate all office equipment.
- Issue fire permits within the regulations
- Accept payments for taxes, water and sewer, and all other accounts receivable.
- Maintain postage and prepare out-going daily mail or courier as required.
- Must be available to work and travel to all Wards within the Municipality of Greenstone.
- Other duties as required.
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- There is no guarantee of hours.
- Office environment.
Applicants must subit a cover letter and resume quoting job posting ADMIN-2019-01 by no later than 4:00pm, Wednesday, July 17, 2019 to:
Chris Zweep, Human Resources Department
Municipality of Greenstone Administration Office
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected, and will only be used for the purposes of candidate selection. The Municipality of Greenstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.