Asset Management Superintendent
Greenstone Mine – Asset Management Superintendent
Greenstone Gold Mines L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.5 Billion investment over the three-year construction and commissioning phase, and a 14-year operating life of mine.
Greenstone Gold Mines is seeking an Asset Management Superintendent to join our Team. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Asset Management Superintendent will be responsible for the mill fixed plant equipment for a new start-up facility and ramping up to 27,000 tons per day operation. The Asset Management Superintendent will be accountable for meeting expected mill equipment performance and availability targets.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Develop and communicate long term maintenance objectives and establish metrics to track and manage performance.
- Develop and execute an effective asset management plan.
- Establish effective long-term planning to ensure staffing requirements are sourced successfully in a timely manner with appropriate onboarding, training and support.
- Promote and maintain a safe and environmentally compliant workplace targeting zero harm. Be a leader in promoting GGM’s values and a conducive work environment.
- Ensure the technical capability of the maintenance team is developed to execute operational requirements.
- Work closely with the mill operations and other site wide departments
- Develop and execute business plans.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong understanding of asset management with a key focus on planning, scheduling, and continuous improvement.
- Understanding of mill operations and advanced knowledge/expertise in mill maintenance practices and repair.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrable project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to create a positive work environment.
- Strong maintenance problem solving skills and analytical skills.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor of science in engineering or equivalent appropriate work experience.
- 15+ years’ experience in a large mill process environment with a minimum of 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Process plant commissioning and start-up experience would be an asset.
- Strong digital literacy with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Technology.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- This position will be based in Geraldton.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all workers in the workplace and recognizes that COVID-19 vaccination has been shown to be very effective in reducing COVID-19 virus transmission and protecting most vaccinated individuals from severe consequences of COVID-19. Being vaccinated will help protect our workforce and our local Indigenous and community partners. In that respect, Greenstone Mine has a implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.