Casual/Relief Workers - Aboriginal Early Learning Center
Aboriginal Early Learning Center – Long Lake #58 First Nation
Long Lake #58 First Nation (LLFN), a growing and progressive First Nation 30 kilometers east of Geraldton, Ontario, requires Casual/Relief Worker(s) for their Aboriginal Early Learning Centre in the community. The Casual/Relief Worker(s), will help fill in for the Teacher’s Aide positions and also, Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) if they already possess an Early Childhood Education Diploma and also registered with College of Early Childhood Education in a good standing. The TA’s and RECEs have to provide a quality educational program, based on emergent play based curriculum principals, for young children in a group setting.
Reports To: Aboriginal Early Learning Centre Director
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- Minimum Grade 12, or currently enrolled in GED/OSSD or an Adult Education program.
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and other relevant legislation, or willingness to learn.
- Previous experience working with children in a licensed facility, preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with minimum or no supervision.
- A good team player and be able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and time management skills.
- First Aid and CPR Certification, including Infant and child CPR is required, or willing to acquire one.
- Up to date Immunization and TB Skin Test required.
- WHMIS and Fire/Fire Extinguisher Training preferred.
- Must provide an updated Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC).
Please contact Band Office, to pick up the letter required to apply for your Vulnerable Check.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, two references and updated PVSC (if in process, proof of receipt); email, fax, mail or hand deliver, to:
Marlene Mitchell, Director, Early Learning Centre
Long Lake #58 First Nations (Band Office)
P.O. Box 609, Longlac, ON P0T 2A0
Fax: (807) 876-2470
We thank all the interested applicants; however only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Incomplete applications, will not be considered.