Children's Developmental Services Support Workers - Casual Geraldton, Nipigon-Red Rock, Marathon
This position presents an excellent opportunity for individuals beginning their careers in the Human Services or Developmental Services field, or for those possessing a special interest in, and experience working with others in a helping role. This position is casual in nature, varying from 5 to 20 hours per week dependent on individual family needs.
The CDS Support Worker works in a supportive role with children and youth with disabilities, and their families. Activities may include: In-home personal support care; short term respite for family caregivers; supporting youth involvement in community outings (social, recreational or skill-enhancing).
Reimbursement: $14.00 per hour plus mileage
- Post-secondary education in the Human Services and/or experience working with children and youth with disabilities and their caregivers
- Demonstrated ability to develop helping, supportive relationships with others
- Able to appreciate people’s differences and unique strengths and abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Organized, energetic
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Valid “ G” Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Access to a reliable vehicle and adequate insurance coverage
- Upon offer of employment, submission of a Current Criminal Records Check (Vulnerable Sector) deemed satisfactory by the employerAPPLICATION INFORMATION
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Positions Filled
Please submit a cover letter and resume on-line at www.thunderbaycas.ca “Career Opportunities”. Individuals may also submit an application directly to: Human Resources, The Children’s Aid Society of the District of Thunder Bay, 1110 Jade Court, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6M7
The CAS is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants may make accommodation requests when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.