COMMUNITY CASEWORKER, GREENSTONE
INTEGRATED SOCIAL SERVICES DIVISION
ONE (1) TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION
POSTING NUMBER: 46-2021
POSTING DATE: NOVEMBER 19, 2021
CLOSING DATE: DECEMBER 3, 2021
HOURS PER WEEK: 35
SALARY GROUP: 10
HOURLY RATE: $28.92
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Social Assistance Programs, the Community Caseworker performs case work duties to determine eligibility for Ontario Works Programs and responds to requests for, and initiates counsel in, other Social Welfare matters relating to client self-sufficiency.
1. Performs duties related to the collection and verification of information required to determine initial and ongoing eligibility for income maintenance programs.
2. Transposes personal and financial information to electronic data to initiate, vary or determine payments to applicants/recipients.
3. Performs all case maintenance duties, including providing advice and direction to clients, to ensure continued eligibility, and maintains case records.
4. Works as a team member providing backup support for other income maintenance staff as required.
5. Works as a member of an extended team, together with administrative support staff, in order to provide manual issuance of assistance and other benefits and to ensure the retrieval of reimbursements and excess payments.
6. Provides counsel to clients in resolving social needs and provides direction to other appropriate community resources.
7. Keeps updated on Ontario Works legislations and participates in mandatory staff training and development sessions.
8. Participates in orientating new team members.
9. Responds to crisis situations and participates where team intervention is required to assure the safety of other staff and clientele.
10. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
• Community college diploma or university degree in social work; or diploma in a related social work program; or specific academic training in social work which is obtained from a community college or a university.
• Related years of experience as a social worker equal to four (4) years.
• Ability to work with micro and terminal computer systems is required.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate an ability to meet, counsel and work with a diverse and challenging clientele.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Valid Class “G” Driver’s License and the use of a vehicle is required.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must undergo a successful police records check, Type 2.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must include a completed TBDSSAB application form, cover letter and resume. Please be sure to reference the position title and the competition number. Applications may be emailed, faxed, or delivered to the TBDSSAB location by 4:30 pm on the closing date to the attention of:
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board
231 May Street South
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 1B5
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: (807) 345-2466
Applicants currently employed by the TBDSSAB must complete the Internal Application Form. All other applicants must complete the TBDSSAB External Application Form.
Application forms are available on our website or are available for pickup at the TBDSSAB location. For more information on employment opportunities at TBDSSAB, please visit our website.
• Applications received for this position will not be acknowledged unless you are being notified of an interview.
• Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
• As an equal opportunity employer, the TBDSSAB encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.