Day Care Cook
External Job Posting COMSER-19-23
Community Services Department
Day Care Cook, Geraldton Ward
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Date Posted: June 6, 2019
Current Job Description Applies
CUPE Local 3045
Rate of Pay: $20.65/hr
The Greenstone Community Services Department requires a Permanent Part Time Day Care Cook at the Geraldton Day Care Centre. This is a permanent union position with weekly hours of work of up to 24 hours per week. The position is to assist in planning menus, preparing nutritious meals and snacks while practicing safe food handling procedures and maintaining a safe, sanitary kitchen. This position assists in the supervision of children while working in accordance with the Day Care Nursery Act, Quality Assurance Guidelines, and Quality Assurance Cook’s Tool.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 diploma,
- Knowledge of Canada’s Food Guide.
- Level 1 Safe Food Handling Course or ability to obtain,
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate or ability to obtain.
- Valid G Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years related experience,
- Bilingualism will be considered and asset.
- Reporting to the Daycare Manager.
HOURS OF WORK
- Required to work up to 24 hours per week, Monday to Friday with various start and end times as scheduled by the Day Care Manager/Assistant Supervisor.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume quoting job posting COMSER-19-23 by no later than 4:30pm, Thursday, June 20, 2019 to:
Chris Zweep, Human Resources Department
Municipality of Greenstone Administration Office
1800 Main St., Box 70, Geraldton, ON P0T 1M0
Fax: (807) 854-1947
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected, and will only be used for the purposes of candidate selection. The Municipality of Greenstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.