Dental Assistant (certified or uncertified)
Job Posting – Dental Assistant (certified or uncertified)
Help us Spread Smiles Across the North!
At Greenstone Dental, our mission is to raise the standard of dental care across northwestern Ontario. Greenstone Dental is a highly productive, family-orientated practice, and we are looking for a motivated individual to join our dynamic, professional team at our Longlac, Ontario location. At Greenstone Dental, we utilize cutting-edge technology and equipment to enhance the patient experience, while providing our staff with the tools and equipment they need to provide superior patient care.
The Dental Assistant will work closely with the dentist to assist with a variety of treatment procedures and help with preparing the patient by clearly explaining the procedure and making them feel more comfortable before, during, and after their treatments. The Dental Assistant relates well to the patients and demonstrates a high degree of sensitivity to all patient concerns to ensure patient comfort and confidence. Training will be provided for uncertified assistants.
• Demonstrated education or experience in health care, dental assisting, or related field. CDA Level I or Level II is preferred
• Interpersonal skills to work well in a team environment, and with patients
• Standard First Aid – CPR C – AED certificate or willing to obtain
• Knowledge or experience with PC software / dental software (Dentrix) / radiograph imaging software (Dexis)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willing to participate in continuing education opportunities
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Willing to learn and assist with patient scheduling and other reception duties as required
• Bilingualism in English and French will be considered an asset
Additional responsibilities include:
• Greet and welcome patients immediately upon their arrival
• Prepare operatory by arranging instruments, and materials
• Communicate with patients regarding their treatment
• Ensure that lab cases are sent out in a timely manner
• Make patients feel more comfortable
• Maintain strict adherence to infection control policies and procedures
• Clean and sterilize all instruments
• Stock supplies and maintain inventory
• Take impressions for study models
• Set up operatory room for appropriate procedure
• Update patient charts in computer
• Post treatments in the computer
• Tray set-up and removal
• Support and help implement marketing strategies as directed
• Assist and support other team members where and when needed
• Flexibility and willingness to work extra hours as required
A full job description is available upon request.
To apply, please submit your application online at: greenstonedental.bamboohr.com/jobs
Greenstone Dental is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply, however only those selected for further screening will be contacted. We offer accommodation throughout the hiring process.