HUB ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Apply By: Thursday, December 9, 2021 11:59 pm EST
HUB ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Become a Hub Administrative Assistant with the OCWA today!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will provide administrative assistance in support of all activities required for the Northwest Region. This will include assisting the Managers by producing correspondence/reports, receiving inquiries, arranging meetings, maintaining databases/filing systems, coordinating information, purchasing/accounts payable, following up with suppliers, correcting discrepancies, accounts receivable, monitoring/processing documentation; attendance, payroll and human resources support.
How do I qualify?
• Excellent knowledge of office administration, procedures and processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of administrative practices, policies and procedures related to purchasing (including general accounting principles) accounts payable, Attendance Clerks/Coordinator (ACC) attendance, and payroll.
• Excellent knowledge of computers; ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and software (e.g. GP Dynamics, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus Notes, Hansen, WIN, Internet).
• Knowledge of general financial and accounting principles; accounts receivable, reconciliations and budget forecasts.
• Knowledge of business processes of organization to conduct and assist in the preparation of financial analyses in support of strategic operational and business planning process.
Skills and abilities include:
• Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
• Excellent oral communication and customer service skills to liaise with clients, vendors/suppliers to respond to inquiries.
• Good written communication skills to prepare routine correspondence, meeting minutes and various documents.
• Good analytical and evaluation skills to analyze data and prepare reports/summaries
• Excellent problem solving skills to support the analysis of financial reports and data for operational planning and budgets.
• Good research skills to gather data from a variety of sources to explain expenditure and budget discrepancies.
• Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment.
• Ability to travel within the region as needed.
What’s in it for you?
• Flexible learning and development opportunities.
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
• Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
• Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
• A defined benefit pension plan; Comprehensive Health Plan; Life and Disability Insurance.
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- T-AQ-173329/21(2)Effective October 1, 2021, the OPS COVID-19 Safe Workplace Directive requires all Ontario Public Service employees to provide proof they are fully vaccinated, meaning they are fully vaccinated as defined by the Ministry of Health (refer to: COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated Status in Ontario), including 14 calendar days have passed since receiving their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.Employees who do not provide proof of full vaccination will be deemed ‘not vaccinated’ under the Directive and will be required to attend a vaccine education program and undergo regular rapid antigen testing. Employees who are not vaccinated under the policy with a valid medical exemption will not be required to attend a vaccine education program but must undergo regular rapid antigen testing.
How to apply:
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Hiring Manager: Sherri Ouellet