IRM TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
If so, consider this challenging opportunity as an IRM Technical Specialist within the Geraldton field office.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• plan, coordinate, implement and monitor technical/operational forestry, fish and wildlife, lands and waters and aggregate program activities
• organize field projects, monitor progress and results of projects and administer the compliance processes
• provide technical, operational and group leadership, guidance and advice through consultation, negotiations, and conflict resolution
• ensure consistent application of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures and implement compliance plans and field inspections
• provide testimonial evidence in court and legal tribunals
• support long range planning teams by providing technical input to land use and resource management planning decisions
• communicate resource management program information to the public, clients, partners, resource industries and Indigenous peoples
• lead the technical and operational aspects of water management program activities including the operation and maintenance of water control structures, flood and emergency response and erosion control
How do I qualify?
• You possess a valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence or equivalent as recognized by the province of Ontario to visit sites, usually in rural or remote settings.
Communication, planning, coordination abilities and experience:
• You have the demonstrated ability and experience to plan, lead/coordinate and implement forestry, fish and wildlife, lands and aggregates programs, projects and partnership activities.
• You have the proven ability and experience to plan and lead/coordinate project activities and emergency response initiatives and can participate in waters program and including dam operations if needed.
• You have strong knowledge of forestry, fish and wildlife, lands and waters and aggregates legislation, as well as activities, administrative policies/procedures, licencing and permitting.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of compliance inspection and investigation procedures and experience investigating infractions, determining corrective action and providing technical information and evidence.
• You are experienced in land use and resource management planning processes and have previously contributed your expertise and technical advice to planning exercises.
Interpretation, communication and interpersonal skills:
• You can interpret and apply relevant safety legislation and have demonstrated experience working in compliance with acts and regulations.
• You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to prepare written products and participating in briefings, public meetings, conducting training and presenting evidence at legal proceedings.
- 1 Permanent, 208 Beamish Ave, Geraldton, North Region
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.