Mine Operations Supervisor
Greenstone Mine – Mine Operations Supervisor
Greenstone Gold Mines L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.5 Billion investment over the three-year construction and commissioning phase, and a 14-year operating life of mine.
Greenstone Mine is seeking a Mine Operations Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Mine Operations Superintendent, the Mine Operations Supervisor is responsible for the overall safety and efficiency of all work performed by the operators and laborers in the Mine Operations department.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Advocate company safety values and protocols through positive leadership.
- Ensuring crew compliance to legislation and operating standards.
- Assessing daily plans, dispatching equipment, and personnel appropriately to achieve production deliverables while ensuring pit development deliverables are also met without delays
- Collaborate with other supervisors and department leaders to develop operating procedures and safe work instructions.
- Coordinating & prioritizing equipment repairs with the maintenance team.
- Manage scheduling and training of the workforce to limit delays in the utilization of availability.
- Conduct and document daily safety audits and production reporting.
- Perform and document inspections of all Mine Operation’s work areas.
- Monitoring equipment utilization against targets and adjusting as required.
- Support and participate in all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Conduct weekly compliance audits of operating procedures and safe work instructions.
- Investigate all near miss, incident, and equipment damage as a top priority.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Self-motivated and safety conscious
- Ability to prioritize, direct and supervise work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient utilizing MS Office programs
- Advanced knowledge/expertise of mining equipment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to create a positive work environment
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail and housekeeping
- Willing to adapt and work in an inclusive work environment
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma/General Education Development (GED) or combination of education and pertinent work-related experience
- A minimum 10 years of open pit mine operations including 3 years at supervisor level.
- Common Core for Surface Mining is an asset
- SAP experience is an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- This position will be based in Geraldton, Ontario.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all workers in the workplace and recognizes that COVID-19 vaccination has been shown to be very effective in reducing COVID-19 virus transmission and protecting most vaccinated individuals from severe consequences of COVID-19. Being vaccinated will help protect our workforce and our local Indigenous and community partners. In that respect, Greenstone Mine has a implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.