Postal Clerk - Retail Counter Clerk
Job Title: Postal Clerk – Retail Counter Clerk
Business Function: Retail
Primary City: Geraldton
Employment Type: Temporary – New
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (–BB)
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy):05/06/2020
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Retail Counter Clerk who will work in a retail outlet and provide excellent service to all our customers.
- Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Operate a computerized point of sale system
- Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
- Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
- Receive, sort and sequence mail items
- Be able to exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighing up to 22.7 kilograms (50 pounds)
- Maintain floor displays
- Conduct Merchandizing and Inventory Control
- Experience in customer service in a retail environment
- Sales experience is an asset
You will be required to pass pre-employment tests, a security screening, and an interview.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.