Full-time, Part-time and Casual positions
Are you looking for a rewarding career in nursing? The VON team provides compassionate client-centered health care to people in their homes, community settings and clinics. You can make a difference by joining VON today!
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to individuals and families in their homes and communities. This role requires excellent assessment skills, the ability to build effective relationships with clients and their families, strong problem solving aptitude and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
• Manages and coordinates care; evaluates health outcomes; educates, counsels and advocate for individuals to meet health goals
• Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client, family, and caregiver and their environment utilizing pre-set procedures and then develops a care plan with the client and family or caregiver based on the nursing assessment
• Incorporates referrals and discharge planning in to the care plan as required
• Implements nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
• Promotes involvement of client, family or caregiver in determining health and service needs
• Supports the health and well-being of clients and families and client and family engagement in care to support independence
• Provides service consistent with the standards established by VON and provincial regulatory body and Community Health Nurses of Canada
Education and Experience:
• BScN or equivalent education
• Must be registered with the Ontario College of Nurses
• Experience in community nursing an asset
• Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
• A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
To view the full job description and apply to this opportunity on our website: https://www.von.ca/en/careers
VICTORIAN ORDER OF NURSES FOR CANADA
214 Red River Rd, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 1A6 | T. 807-344-0012 | www.von.ca
VON is accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada
Charitable Number: 129 482 493 RR0001