Resource Management Technician
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Do you have a passion to create awareness and promote resource management protection? If so, consider this challenging opportunity to join our team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• carry out site inspections, field surveys compliance investigations and other operational activities
• provide technical guidance to staff and the public
• assist with administration and record keeping for projects and programs
• gather and compile technical information to make recommendations
• promote awareness of resource management and protection
• support partnerships and initiatives with various stakeholders
How do I qualify?
• You must have a valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver’s licence upon being hired.
• You have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of ecological sustainability principles, and resource management practices.
• You have proven ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to natural resources management programs (e.g. forestry, aggregates, fish and wildlife, and lands and waters programs).
• You have demonstrated experience in conducting operational field programs and site inspections.
• You have knowledge of the standards and operating practices of field equipment for the purpose of information gathering and conducting field operations.
• You are proficient with computers using various software applications, including word processing, record-keeping, database management, presentation, internet, email and geographic information systems (GIS).
Interpersonal and communications skills:
• You have demonstrated interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with a wide variety of clients with diverse requests and varying concerns related to natural resources management (e.g. forestry, fish and wildlife, lands, waters and aggregates programs).
• You have well developed communication skills to respond to industry and public inquiries.
• You have demonstrated communications skills to make presentations, and share information with professional staff and clients.
• You understand the importance of partnership development and can represent the ministry and present information and ideas tactfully and effectively.
Analytical and problem solving skills:
• You have proven analytical and problem-solving skills to determine user compliance and impact on resources.
• You can recommend proper course of action in cases of non-compliance and determine appropriate resolution to various issues in resource operations and in field conditions.
Planning and group leadership skills:
• You have planning and coordinating skills to organize, schedule and coordinate human and equipment resources (e.g. boats/motors, pumps, vehicle transportation) for resources management and field projects.
• You have demonstrated group leadership skills to assign work and provide guidance, and monitor progress of students and other staff.
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 208 Beamish Ave, Geraldton, North Region
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.