Seasonal Assistant (potential of 2 positions)
Position: Seasonal Assistant (potential of 2 positions)
Term: ASAP to November 2020
Location: Longlac, ON – Kenogami Forest
Ne-Daa-Kii-Me-Naan Inc. is a First Nation owned Forest Management Company that holds the Forest Resource License and delivers forest management services on the Kenogami Forest. The company has been working in the region for over seven years and is growing. Ne-Daa-Kii-Me-Naan Inc is committed to delivering value to our clients and shareholders through the long-term sustainable management of the Kenogami Forest.
Seasonal Assistant – Position Overview
Ne-Daa-Kii-Me-Naan Inc. is seeking to fill positions required to assist in the operations of the
Kenogami Forest. Reporting to the Chief Forester, the successful candidates may be responsible for any, or all, of the following:
Working as member of a the Nedaak team to conduct surveys that may include: Lidar plot
assessment and soil pits; survival, and free-to-grow surveys; assist with the aerial tending
program and seed orchard maintenance; perform layout of harvest blocks; other duties as
• Reliable, prompt, and have a willingness to learn
• Physically fit and willing to work in all weather conditions
• Able to work independently or with a partner as a valuable member of the Nedaak team
• Have experience in map reading/navigation, knowledge of GPS units, ability to map features in the field
• Ability to use computers and digital equipment for field surveys including downloading data, file renaming, file maintenance, manual data input
• Able to take detailed notes and record data clearly, follow manuals and decision keys
• Able to identify common tree species
• Be safety-orientated
• Possession of a valid Ontario Drivers Licence class “G”
• Experience in related or similar work will be considered an asset
DEADLINE TO APPLY: ASAP posted until filled
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Sarah Hamlin, Financial Manager via email at email@example.com.
Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted.