AV Terrace Bay is a Northern Bleach Softwood Kraft Pulp mill that is part of the Aditya Birla Group. The Aditya Birla Group is a 40 billion US$ corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. More recently, the Group topped the Nielsen’s Corporate Image Monitor 2012-13 and emerged as the Number 1 corporate, the ‘Best in Class’. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles, worldwide.
Position location: Longlac, ON
AV Terrace Bay Inc. is currently recruiting for a Supervisor-Forestry Operations, to join its Woodlands division.
Job Description: Reporting to the Logging Superintendent, the successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for supervision and implementation on a portion of the Company’s 1,400,000 cubic meter operational harvest and road construction program across 4 Sustainable Forest License Areas.
- Manage all operational activities to ensure adherence with deadlines and budgets.
- Support the operational planning for the same harvest and road construction programs.
- Support the development of annual budgets for operational programs.
- Act as a primary interface with woodlands contractors.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all statutory requirements while performing all job’s duties in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Forestry Technology Diploma or Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of Forestry Operations experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office suite (excel, word)
- Functional knowledge of GPS/GIS technology
- Must own vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license
Job Type: Contract
In addition to the challenge and opportunity associated with the position, AV Terrace Bay offers competitive salary and benefits. Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.