AV Terrace Bay is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of NBSK. Located in Terrace Bay, Ontario, the pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the province on Lake Superior. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, AV Terrace Bay’s focus is to produce pulp products. The Aditya Birla Group is a 48.3 billion US$ corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities.
Our Woodlands operations are located in the town of Longlac, which is part of the greater community Greenstone, Ontario. For more information about the communities of Greenstone and Longlac, please visit their website: http://www.greenstone.ca
Position location: Longlac, ON
AV Terrace Bay Inc. is currently recruiting for a Supervisor-Forestry Operations, to join its Woodlands division.
Reporting to the Logging Superintendent, the successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for supervision and implementation on a portion of the Company’s 1,400,000 cubic meter operational harvest and road construction program across 3 Sustainable Forest License Areas.
- Manage all operational activities to ensure adherence with deadlines and budgets.
- Support the operational planning for the same harvest and road construction programs.
- Support the development of annual budgets for operational programs.
- Act as a primary interface with woodlands contractors.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all statutory requirements while performing all job’s duties in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Forestry Technology Diploma or Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of Forestry Operations experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office suite (excel, word)
- Functional knowledge of GPS/GIS technology
- Must own vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license
In addition to the challenge and opportunity associated with the position, AV Terrace Bay offers competitive salary and benefits. Applicants interested in working for a progressive, team oriented company should send their resume in confidence to:
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.