Water Truck Operator
Greenstone Mine – Water Truck Operator
Greenstone Gold Mines L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.5 Billion investment over the three-year construction and commissioning phase, and a 14-year operating life of mine.
Greenstone Mine is seeking a Water Truck Operator to join our team. Reporting to the Mine Operations Supervisor, the Water Truck Operator is responsible for safely and productively operating the water truck with occasional operation of other similar equipment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Operating the water truck with occasional operation of other similar types of heavy equipment such as loaders, bobcats, and forklifts to move supplies.
- Performing daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Following dispatch instruction.
- Performing minor servicing of equipment.
- Keeping truck in a clean orderly condition.
- Monitoring equipment operation and reporting operation and reporting any deficiencies according to mine operating practices.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Safety conscious
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Candidates must demonstrate good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to adapt and work in an inclusive work environment
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- A minimum of 3 years of experience operating water trucks
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior experience in an industrial setting or mine site experience is required
- Heavy Equipment Operator Training or pertinent experience is required
- Ontario Surface Common Core Training is an asset
- This position will be based in Geraldton, Ontario.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all workers in the workplace and recognizes that COVID-19 vaccination has been shown to be very effective in reducing COVID-19 virus transmission and protecting most vaccinated individuals from severe consequences of COVID-19. Being vaccinated will help protect our workforce and our local Indigenous and community partners. In that respect, Greenstone Mine has a implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.