As a fully accredited, progressive health care organization, Geraldton District Hospital is committed to providing high quality services to residents of Greenstone and surrounding First Nations communities. With 23 acute care beds, 26 long-term care beds, a 24-hour emergency department and a heliport, Geraldton District Hospital provides an array of services, including clinical nutrition, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, outreach chemotherapy, rehabilitation social work and telemedicine. For more information about Geraldton District Hospital, visit www.geraldtondh.com
Temporary Full Time
As a Maintenance Technician, you may perform routine preventative and demand maintenance activities within the exterior and interior of the building. Under general supervision, you may perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repair work on facility structural and mechanical systems/components to ensure safety and efficient operation of the building systems and equipment. You may perform a wide range of general maintenance duties including maintenance and repair of drywall, floors and painting. Additional duties may include minor plumbing repair; minor repairs on equipment; checks on equipment for pressure and temperature, disassembly of equipment for cleaning, lawn care and snow removal. On-call duties are required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trades certification or relevant experience preferred.
- Experience and ability to complete minor carpentry work, painting, equipment repairs, plumbing repairs, etc.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building automation systems (BAS), preferably Delta, and equipment including HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, boiler systems, plumbing and sewer systems, food service, laundry, and housekeeping equipment.
- Experience working as part of a team in provision of service to customers.
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous cultures/languages is an asset.
Geraldton District Hospital is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
If you interested in combining a fulfilling lifestyle with a challenging opportunity, please submit your application and resume in confidence, by email, by Monday December 6, 2021 to: email@example.com