Young Adults In Action
Funded by Service Canada, Young Adults In Action (YAA) is a program that is designed to help people overcome employment barriers. Participants will be paid according to their attendance during the program.
The goal of YAA is to help the participants to find work or to return to school by increasing their self-confidence and self-esteem.
During this program you will participate in:
- Workshops – topics based on life and work skills
- Certifications – First Aid, WHMIS, Smart Serve, In Good Hands (Safe Food Handling)
- Job Placements – on-the-job training with local employers
You may also receive:
- Transportation to and from workshops
- Employment & Training Support
- Mentoring & Support
To be eligible for this program, you must be:
- A Greenstone resident
- Between the ages of 15 – 30
- Not in school
- Not received Employment Insurance in the last 3 years